You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the 'Newsletter Subscriptions' tab when logged in to your customer account. If you do not have an account with us, you can unsubscribe by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of the newsletter.
Hypoallergenic Mattress - The best mattress for allergies
What is a hypoallergenic mattress?
A hypoallergenic mattress is one that is designed to prevent allergic reactions. The mattress is tightly sealed to prevent dead skin cells and body oils from permeating into the material. This in turn prevents dust mites from investing the mattress. Dust mites and other microscopic organisms cause allergic reactions in humans, so it is important that a mattress is made of materials that will not aggravate allergies. Most hospitals and medical care facilities use mattresses that are wrapped in plastic or vinyl to ensure patients stay healthy. A mattress can be wrapped with a mattress wrap, plastic, or another alternative is to purchase a mattress that is made of hypoallergenic materials. Hypoallergenic mattresses are made of materials that do not induce allergic reactions.
People who suffer from allergies should refrain from sleeping on mattresses made of animal products such as hair, wool, or feathers. Animal based materials can cause flare ups for allergy sufferers. Most hypoallergenic beds are made with natural materials such as cotton or filled with artificial materials such as polymers which resist against allergy causing organisms.
Tips for allergy sufferers:
- Refrain from buying mattresses made of animal products
- Regularly wash bedding. Lern more about cleaning your mattress
- Invest in a high quality hypoallergenic mattress
- Make sure all bedding and pillows are made of hypoallergenic materials
- Visit a healthcare professional to make sure that your symptoms are not apart of a bigger problem
The Hypoallergenic Emma Mattress protector
If you suffer from allergies you should try our Emma Mattress protector which is made of an Innovative Cairfull® material (100% polyester) with applied Purotex®technology.
What are the advantages of the Emma Mattress Protector?
- Antibacterial, allergy-friendly and Probiotic: Thanks to microcapsules that contain natural probiotics (friendly microorganisms that purify the sleeping environment) the Emma Mattress Protector shows 89.3% fewer dust mite allergens than conventional covers. The probiotics also absorb transpiration liquids, preventing dampness in the mattress and the likelihood of developing allergies.
- Waterproof and breathable: Because of its 3D knit cell structure that acts like a membrane, the Emma Mattress Protector is waterproof and breathable.
- Easy Care: The Emma Mattress Protector is very easy to clean! Machine washable up to 60°.