You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the 'Newsletter Subscriptions' tab when logged in to your customer account. If you do not have an account with us, you can unsubscribe by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of the newsletter.
Insomnia - Causes and Tips
What is Insomnia?
Insomnia is a sleep disorder that affects millions of people across the world. People who suffer from Insomnia have issues falling asleep, staying asleep, and/or have poor sleep quality. Insomnia can either be categorized into short term or long term. The condition can be triggered by stress, certain medications, trauma, and a number of other issues. This is referred to as secondary insomnia. However primary insomnia refers to a long term condition that is not fully understood by the medical community and is treated by a medical doctor.
Secondary Insomnia can be treated with a variety of changes such as through regular exercise, practicing better sleeping behaviors, reducing intake of caffeine and alcohol, reducing stress, and in some cases through cognitive therapy. Ensuring that your sleep environment is peaceful and relaxing can also help reduce symptoms of Insomnia. Other issues related with insomnia is sleep apnea
Symptoms of Insomnia Include:
- Tiredness throughout the day
- The urge to take naps throughout the day
- Issues with memory and concentration
- Problems falling asleep, staying asleep, or bad quality of sleep
Tips for easing Insomnia symptoms:
- Regular exercise
- Stress relieving exercises
- Not eating before bed
- Following a bedtime routine (for example going to bed at the same time every night
- Make your bedroom as comfortable as possible (ensure you have a high quality mattress, remove the TV from the bedroom, and ensure that light sources are all turned off)
- Reduce the use of electronic devices before bed
- Do relaxing activities such as reading a book or taking a bath.
A good mattress will help create an optimal sleep climate and avoid night sweats. Our aim at Emma is to create the UK's best mattress for all body types, and thanks to our hybrid design and high quality foam types we feel we have done jus that! Our Emma cover has a special climate fibre that regulates humidity and the Airgocell® foam layer provides high breathability. We are proud to have won the Which? Best Buy 2017 award, but don't just take our word for it, please take advantage of our 100 nights risk-free trial period and see it for yourself!